gffreezedrymachine created the topic: What's the Advanced of IQF Freezing
IQF Freezing is the freezing method of a substance containing a large amount of water into a solid beforehand. The substance itself remains in the ice shelf when it is frozen, so it has a constant volume after drying and is loose and porous. The ice or other solvent in the frozen product absorbs heat during sublimation. It causes the temperature of the product itself to drop and the speed of sublimation is slow. In order to increase the speed of sublimation and shorten the drying time, the product must be properly heated. The entire drying is carried out at a lower temperature.
IQF Freezing has many advantages are as follows :
(1) IQF Freezing is carried out at a low temperature, and thus is particularly suitable for many heat-sensitive substances. Such as protein, microorganisms and the like will not degenerate or lose biological vitality. Therefore, it is widely used in medicine.
(2) When drying at low temperature, some volatile components in the material are lost little, and are suitable for drying some chemical products, medicines and foods.
(3) During the IQF Freezing process, the growth of microorganisms and the action of the enzyme cannot be performed, so that the original trait can be maintained.
(4) Since the drying is carried out in a frozen state, the volume is almost constant, the original structure is maintained, and the concentration phenomenon does not occur.
(5) The material after drying is porous and spongy. After adding water, the solution dissolves quickly and completely, and the original trait is almost immediately restored.
(6) Since drying is carried out under vacuum, there is little oxygen, so some easily oxidizable substances are protected.
(7) Drying can exclude more than 99% of water, so that the dried product can be preserved for a long time without deterioration.
Therefore, IQF Freezing is currently widely used in the pharmaceutical industry, food industry, scientific research and other sectors.